Armasight Discovery5x-3P Night Vision Binocular 5x Generation 3 PINNACLE
Armasight BNVD-40 3A Compact Dual Tube Night Vision Binocular Goggle
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
Powerful 5x magnification; Rugged lightweight and versatile design with super fast multi coated all glass optics and water and fog resistance body; Tripod mountable with dual eye viewing system for comfortable long viewing night time sessions; Detachable long range infrared illuminator; Hand straps and neck strap for comfort of use
Armasight Discovery5x-3P Night Vision Binocular 5x Generation 3 PINNACLE description
If you are looking for the highest quality technology in night vision bi oculars with a design that is rugged and weatherproof, while still light weight enough to be carried as part of your whole night time gear ensemble, then consider the Armasight Discovery 5x, arguably the perfect night vision device for you.
Offering an incredible 5x magnification you can rely on this night vision bi ocular for tremendous medium to long distance visibility, while still having a simple to use and easy to set up bi ocular with a lot of flexibility built right into its design.
The model you are currently looking at is the Armasight Discovery 5x Generation 3 ITT PINNACLE, which offers cutting edge PINNACLE technology as well as a resolution of 64/72 lp/mm. If you are looking for a bi ocular night vision device that offers a cutting edge Generation 3 optical imaging technology, this is a great device for your needs.
Built with extremely user friendly functionality and helpful extras like a low battery indicator, the Armasight Discovery 5x is a strong choice in night vision bi oculars and is frequently called upon by the Military as well as law enforcement professionals.
Thanks to its dual eye design it is a very comfortable device to use and will provide you with the added clarity that dual eye visibility always offers. You simply cannot get the same level of vision out of a monocular; this is why the Discovery is such a useful device. While remaining at a price point that makes it affordable even to the amateur user, it is a design that is trusted by tactical shooters, Military personnel, and many Law Enforcement agents. This is because of its robust design and easy to use functionality.
The Armasight Discovery 5x Generation 3 ITT PINNACLE model is a fully equipped bi ocular; it comes with a variety of extras that make it handy in the field: these include a built in Infra Red Illuminator that is long range - this means you won’t be blind in a situation that calls for total darkness, as well as a low battery indicator within the Field of View so you will always be aware when you are almost out of battery.
The IR Illuminator makes the Discovery a device you can rely on no matter how dark it gets outside. This device also brags a Bright Light Cut Off which, put quite simply, means it will shut itself off if sudden bright light occurs - this is specifically designed to protect the lens from the damage that bright light can cause. This model also brags a 9 degree Field of View and a focus range of 10m to infinity.
The Armasight Discovery 5x Generation 3 ITT PINNACLE is specifically known for being user friendly and features adjustable diopters, a low battery indicator within the field of view, and a tripod mount for long stationary periods.
The model you are looking at is the Generation 3 5x ITT PINNACLE model, offering both Generation 3 optical imaging and a resolution of 64/72 lp/mm. It also weights a mere 2.9 pounds.
Included Accessories for Armasight Discovery Night Vision Bi-Ocular line are:
- Instruction Manual with Warranty Card
- XLR-IR850 Detachable Long Range Infrared illuminator/ 1x CR123A 3V
- Lens Cap
- Lens Tissue
- Neck Lenyard
- One Lithium Battery CR123A
- Packing Box
- Soft carrying Case
As with all our Night Vision and Thermal Imaging devices, Night Vision Guys offers competitive pricing on the best devices. The high quality of these devices guarantees that they will meet your expectations and serve you well. Buying these units from NightVisionGuys.com guarantees quick handling as well as excellent service and price.
Gen 3P Night Vision
Please note that most high end night vision devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Our Night Vision units with the 3P designation use ITT Pinnacle™ Image Intensifier tubes. The industry leading ITT Pinnacle™ image tubes utilize a gated power supply providing truly outstanding performance in high-light or light-polluted areas, such as urban environments. The Pinnacle™ tube with gated power supply minimizes any “halo” effects. “Halo” is often associated with using night vision devices in an urban area where random street lights are often an issue with early Generation Night Vision devices. Night Vision units with Pinnacle™ tubes have a resolution of 57-64lp/mm and a typical signal to noise ratio between 16.2 and 25 . All Night Vision devices utilizing Pinnacle™ Image Intensifier tubes come with ITT data record sheet. Units with Pinnacle™ tubes are not available for export. A signed export compliance and end use statement is required prior to shipping of these units. As with all night vision tubes, each one coming off the production best has different parameters. We can help you with picking the parameters which will fit your needs and the price of the device will depend on the quality of the tube you select.
3P Gen. ITT Pinnacle™ IIT Features:
• Photo Cathode type: Gallium Arsenide
• Resolution from 57 to 64 lp/mm
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 16.2-25
• 10,000-hour tube life
* Pinnacle is a registered trademark of ITT Night Vision
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for Armasight Discovery5x-3P Night Vision Binocular 5x Generation 3 PINNACLE:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like Armasight Discovery5x-3P Night Vision Binocular 5x Generation 3 PINNACLE assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|IIT Generation||Gen 3 High Performance ITT PINNACLE|
|Photocathode Type||Thin-Filmed Auto-Gated IIT|
|Battery Life||50 (3V) hrs|
|Lens System||F1.5, 108 mm|
|Range of Focus||10 to infinity|
|Diopter Adjustment||+5 to -5 dpt|
|IR Indicator||Yes (in FOV)|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes (LED indicator)|
|Power Supply||1 x 3V CR123A type battery|
|Environmental Rating||MIL-810F Compliant|
|Operating Temperature||-51 to +49 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-50 to +60 °C|
|Dimensions||305 x 140 x 86 (LxWxH, mm/in)|
Questions on Armasight Discovery5x-3P Night Vision Binocular 5x Generation 3 PINNACLE
No questions asked yet