Armasight Discovery8x-3P Night Vision Binocular
Armasight BNVD-40 3A Compact Dual Tube Night Vision Binocular Goggle
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
Powerful 8x magnification; Rugged lightweight and versatile design with super fast multi coated all glass optics and water and fog resistance body; Tripod mountable with dual eye viewing system for comfortable long viewing night time sessions; Detachable long range infrared illuminator; Hand straps and neck strap for comfort of use
Armasight Discovery8x-3P Night Vision Binocular description
The Armasight Discovery 8x offers both the comfort and convenience of a night vision device that can easily be taught to a young gun, with the sophisticated features and high quality that Armasight’s customers have come to expect in all of their equipment. Offering an incredible 8x magnification, this is perhaps the perfect night vision bi ocular for anyone that needs serious long range vision, whether they are an amateur hunter or a professional law enforcement agent or even Military. This is an incredible piece of technology, offering everything from strong magnification to Generation 3 optics.
As the title specifies, this is the Armasight Discovery 8x Generation 3 ITT PINNACLE, meaning it not only offers the incredible quality that other Generation 3 devices offer, but is built with cutting edge PINNACLE technology as well. This makes it a very smart model to choose, as well as one with the technological advancements you need to be effective in the field. While staying cost effective and at a price point that is very affordable, the Armasight Discovery Generation 3 is able to offer all of the functionality that you might need on a long, frustrating night in the field.
The Armasight Discovery models all offer cutting edge Bright Light Cut Off technology, meaning that if bright lights suddenly show up in the middle of the night, your night vision device will cut its own power supply off, thus protecting your night vision lens. This is critical technology to look for in any night vision device because without it you run the risk of destroying your night vision device if a sudden light source appears out of nowhere.
The Armasight Discovery, being a bi ocular, offers two eye pieces. This means that it is significantly more comfortable than a monocular over the course of the night, since it will give both of your eyes a place to sit and watch all night long. This also means better vision and an overall improved night vision experience. This is why so many law enforcement agents and Military personnel have relied upon the technology that is built into the Armasight Discovery models.
If you need serious distance range and a night vision device that you can rely on every single time, the Armasight Discovery is the perfect choice for you.
This is the Armasight Discovery 8x Generation 3 ITT PINNACLE, it has a resolution of 64/72 lp/mm, it offers a 6 degree Field of View, and weighs 3.5 pounds.
It comes with a two year warranty.
Included Accessories for Armasight Discovery Night Vision Bi-Ocular line are:
- Instruction Manual with Warranty Card
- XLR-IR850 Detachable Long Range Infrared illuminator/ 1x CR123A 3V
- Lens Cap
- Lens Tissue
- Neck Lenyard
- One Lithium Battery CR123A
- Packing Box
- Soft carrying Case
As with all our Night Vision and Thermal Imaging devices, Night Vision Guys offers competitive pricing on the best devices. The high quality of these devices guarantees that they will meet your expectations and serve you well. Buying these units from NightVisionGuys.com guarantees quick handling as well as excellent service and price.
Gen 3P Night Vision
Please note that most high end night vision devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Our Night Vision units with the 3P designation use ITT Pinnacle™ Image Intensifier tubes. The industry leading ITT Pinnacle™ image tubes utilize a gated power supply providing truly outstanding performance in high-light or light-polluted areas, such as urban environments. The Pinnacle™ tube with gated power supply minimizes any “halo” effects. “Halo” is often associated with using night vision devices in an urban area where random street lights are often an issue with early Generation Night Vision devices. Night Vision units with Pinnacle™ tubes have a resolution of 57-64lp/mm and a typical signal to noise ratio between 16.2 and 25 . All Night Vision devices utilizing Pinnacle™ Image Intensifier tubes come with ITT data record sheet. Units with Pinnacle™ tubes are not available for export. A signed export compliance and end use statement is required prior to shipping of these units. As with all night vision tubes, each one coming off the production best has different parameters. We can help you with picking the parameters which will fit your needs and the price of the device will depend on the quality of the tube you select.
3P Gen. ITT Pinnacle™ IIT Features:
• Photo Cathode type: Gallium Arsenide
• Resolution from 57 to 64 lp/mm
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 16.2-25
• 10,000-hour tube life
* Pinnacle is a registered trademark of ITT Night Vision
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for Armasight Discovery8x-3P Night Vision Binocular:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like Armasight Discovery8x-3P Night Vision Binocular assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|IIT Generation||Gen 3 High Performance ITT PINNACLE|
|Photocathode Type||Thin-Filmed Auto-Gated IIT|
|Battery Life||50 (3V) hrs|
|Lens System||F1:2,0, 160 mm|
|Range of Focus||15 to infinity|
|Diopter Adjustment||+5 to -5 dpt|
|Infrared Illuminator||Detachable XLR-IR850|
|IR Indicator||Yes (in FOV)|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes (LED indicator)|
|Power Supply||1 x 3V CR123A type battery|
|Environmental Rating||MIL-810F Compliant|
|Operating Temperature||-51 to +49 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-50 to +60 °C|
|Dimensions||350 x 140 x 100 (LxWxH; mm)|
Questions on Armasight Discovery8x-3P Night Vision Binocular
No questions asked yet